Thursday 19 January 2012

Day 11- SOAP

Day 11

Exodus: 9-14

Scripture: 13 17 When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them on the road through the Philistine country, though that was shorter. For God said, If they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt.

Observation: God decided to rather let them go the long way than the difficult way for they might have changed their minds.

Application: To me this means He knows that we are not perfect and that we make mistakes and can turn away from Him if given too many difficulties. So He would rather let us take longer to get somewhere (and soooo many times we don’t understand why something takes so long!) than going the easy road that could move us away from Him. So next time you wonder why something is taking long to get where you want it to be, take a minute and thank God because He is there helping you from turning away from Him!

Prayer: Father help me to remember this verse every time I want to get annoyed because something is taking much longer than I anticipated! Give me the patience and understanding that You are there busy doing Your work…thank You so much for the reassurance that again You know me so well You know how far I can go without being pushed away from You… Please help everyone struggling right now with the questions of why it is taking so long, help them understand it is You helping them! In Jesus’ name Amen

Tomorrows reading: Exodus 15-20

Read the blog here: 180 days

2 comments:

  1. My first SOAP!
    Scripture: Exodus 14:13-14 "Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. the Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

    Observation: Although all the Israelites were afraid of being killed by the Egyptian troops and blamed Moses for taking them out of Egypt, Moses kept his composure because he firmly believed that even this hardship was part of the journey God had planned to lead them towards the land of milk flowing with milk and honey,

    Application: We sometimes fear the uncertainty of not knowing what is going to happen tomorrow because of the difficult times we are going through now, just like the Israelites. But if we believe that the Lord governs every details of our lives and He has plans for each of us, we need not be afraid even though we are struggling with obstacles in life. We must not doubt when we follow His words, He is pleased to protect us from the evil.

    Prayer: Dear Lord. Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to get to know you better through this Bible reading with good children of yours. I pray that you would give a lot of blessings to those who are doing this Bible reading, especially Ilani who actually helped me to join this blessed journey. Lord, I just started to feel your presence around me not that long ago and I'm still very weak and fragile out in the world. Lord, please let my faith grow stronger along the way I read your words and let me be strong and stand still like Moses when I confront with challenges. These days I'm applying for a teaching positions to work at a secondary school. When I work for it, please allow me the wisdom and clarity of thoughts so that I can be used properly for your honor. Thank you again for being with me today. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minho I loved your first SOAP!

      And it is so true to my own life too so when confronted by obstacles I'll be thinking of this SOAP! Thank you for your prayer for this group we (and that includes you) all need and appreciate it so much ;)

      God Bless

      Delete