Monday 20 January 2014

Day 8: Genesis 44-50

Hi every one!

Hope you enjoyed your day off yesterday, here is today's SOAP :-) And this counts as your weekly check in too! can you believe it, it has already been one week that you have been reading the Bible everyday (hopefully!). Please let me know how you are doing, this is the only thing I am asking you to do for me :-) You don't even have to write me a long message, you can just reply with OK or BEHIND or AHEAD etc... I would love to hear from you and know where you are and how it is going!

Good luck for the following week! 
Blessings
ilani


DAY 8
Scripture: 48 17 When Joseph saw his father placing his right hand on Ephraim’s head he was displeased; so he took hold of his father’s hand to move it from Ephraim’s head to Manasseh’s head. 18 Joseph said to him, “No, my father, this one is the firstborn; put your right hand on his head.”
19 But his father refused and said, “I know, my son, I know. He too will become a people, and he too will become great. Nevertheless, his younger brother will be greater than he, and his descendants will become a group of nations.” 20 He blessed them that day and said,
“In your name will Israel pronounce this blessing:
    ‘May God make you like Ephraim and Manasseh.’”
So he put Ephraim ahead of Manasseh.

Observation: Jacob gave Ephraim, instead of his older brother Manasseh, the greater blessing. When Joseph objected, Jacob refused to listen because God told him that Ephraim would become greater. God often works in unexpected ways. When he chooses people to fulfill his plans, he always goes deeper than appearance, tradition, or position. He sometimes surprises us by choosing the less obvious person, at least by human reasoning.
Application: God can use you (me) to carry out his plans, even if you (I) don’t think you (I) have all the qualifications.
Prayer: Father thank you so much for being with us the first week of this amazing journey. Thank you for the ability to read and follow your word every day. Please go with everyone who is doing this. And please let everyone realize that you can and will use them and that you have a plan for each and every one of them. In your name we pray. Amen.

Next reading
Exodus 1-8

Blog link: http://readthebiblein180days.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment