Monday 13 January 2014

Day 1- Genesis 1-9

DAY 1

Scripture: 3: 11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”
12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”
13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”
The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

Observation: When God asked Adam about his sin, Adam blamed Eve. Then Eve blamed the serpent. How easy it is to excuse our sins by blaming someone else or circumstances. But God knows the truth, and He holds each of us responsible for what we do.

Application: Admit my wrong attitudes and actions and apologize to God. Don’t try to get away with sin by blaming someone else.

Prayer: Father I want to thank you for this great opportunity of “leading” 180 days. You have blessed me to do this for the third year running and I want to praise your name for that. Please help me to accept it when I sin and to repent rather than blame it on someone else or circumstances...(yes like the anger I felt today towards the taxi driver that didn’t want to listen to this silly foreign girl and my directions and charged me twice as much for the loooong journey he took. I should have been thankful that I could take a taxi!). I have to keep working on the patience thing, clearly… In your name I pray. Amen

Next reading

Genesis 10-18

2 comments:

  1. I'm over in the States, so I'm almost a day behind you guys already. I email this to Ilani, but wanted to encourage other people to share their SOAPs and figured I should go ahead and post this. That way, people will be able to see that everyone's are different and that maybe they aren't as in depth as Ilani's. This is my 3rd year too and one of my favorite parts was to read the questions, comments and SOAPs posted by other people. It changed how I read verses and often clarified things for me. Anyway...here you go.

    S- 9:13- I have set my rainbow in the clouds and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

    O- God has placed signs everywhere for us to be reassured of his presence; some are more obvious than others.

    A- I should remember to look around and appreciate all of nature and the signs of His presence that are all around.

    P- Father thank you for all the beauty you have put in the world as a reminder of your grace. Help me to not take them for granted, but to look upon them and remember the covenant you made. In your name I pray.

    ReplyDelete