Tuesday 21 January 2014

Day 10

DAY 10

Scripture: 14: 15 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on.

Observation: The Lord told Moses to stop praying and get moving!

Application: Prayer must have a vital place in our lives, but there is also a place for action. Sometimes we know what to do, but we pray for more guidance as an excuse to postpone doing it. If we know what we should do, then it is time to get moving.

Prayer: Father, thank you for your guidance! Thank you for also telling us in no uncertain terms that sometimes we have to take action and stop postponing things or making excuses. It is so easy to say, but I am busy with this or that etc rather than to just do it. Help us to take action! In your name we pray this. Amen

Next reading
Exodus 15-21
Blog link: http://readthebiblein180days.blogspot.com/



4 comments:

  1. You hit the nail on the head for me on this one Ilani. I often get to a point where I know I should push forward, but I hold back waiting for "clearer" instruction, even though I often already know what He's telling me to do. So thanks for saying it again!! I'm praying on it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my SOAP for today - I picked a different verse even though yours is probably more applicable to me

    S - 13-22 "Neither the pillar of cloud by day nor the pillar of fire by night left its place in front of the people."
    O - God was always with the Israelites - He stayed directly in front of them during the entire journey.
    A - God is with us. He's probably not going to be in a pillar of fire, but He's there and won't leave us.
    P - Father, thank you for guiding me and always being a physical presence in our lives. Help me recognize which path to follow by being a guide and help me remember that you're always there for me, even when I can't see you with my eyes, let me see you with my heart. In your name I pray. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this! and yes it was my second verse hehehe

      Delete