Wednesday 15 January 2014

Day 3- Genesis 19-24

DAY 3

Scripture:  19 26 But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

Observation: Lot’s wife turned back to look at Sodom. Clinging to the past, she was unwilling to turn completely away. Are we looking back longingly at sin while trying to move forward with God?

Application: I can’t make progress with God as long as I am holding on to pieces of my old life. Like Jesus said in Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters”.

Prayer: Father please help me to leave the past and the old pieces of my sinful life behind to move completely with you into my new life. This is something many people struggle with, please help us to do this without questions or sadness. We should be happy to leave the bad things behind, help us to remember this. Thank you for giving me a chance of a new life with You by my side. In your name we pray. Amen


Next reading
Genesis 25-30

Blog link: http://readthebiblein180days.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment